|1||Creole Stomp (Happytown)|
Fiddle [2nd] – SteveWritten-By – Aldus Roger
|2||Seems To Me|
Acoustic Guitar – C.C. AdcockBacking Vocals – C.C., David, Roddie, SteveMandolin – DavidVocals – SteveWritten-By – Riley
|3||La Crève De Faim / Starvation 2-Step|
Vocals – SteveWritten-By – Greely, Riley
|4||Gros Jean / Big John|
Fiddle – SteveGuitar – Sam BroussardHarmony Vocals – RoddieLyrics By [Poem] – Pierre Vocals, Fiddle – DavidWritten-By – Greely, Handelsman, Broussard
|5||Mes Enfants / My Children|
Piano – Linda HandelsmanWritten-By – Greely
|6||Big Boy Waltz|
Vocals – SteveWritten-By – Leroy Broussard
Acoustic Guitar – SteveFiddle – KyleFiddle [2nd] – DavidWritten-By – Kyle Hébert
|8||Heat Lightning / Éclairs De Chaleur|
Acoustic Guitar – C.C.Baritone Saxophone – Derek HustonHarmony Vocals – RoddieLead Vocals – SteveTenor Saxophone, Harmony Vocals – DavidWritten-By – Greely, Riley
|9||Les Vigilants / The Vigilantes|
Acoustic Guitar, Fiddle, Vocals – DavidWritten-By – Greely
|10||Pointe Aux Chênes / Oak Point|
Acoustic Guitar – C.C.Backing Vocals – C.C., ErikOther [Threat] – Rhett BernardVocals – David, SteveWritten-By – Adcock, Greely
Fiddle, Vocals – DavidGuitar – SteveTriangle – KevinWritten-By – Greely
|ROUNDER 11661-6098-2A||Steve Riley And The Mamou Playboys||Happytown (CD, Advance, Album)||Rounder Records||ROUNDER 11661-6098-2A||US||2001|
- Accordion – Steve Riley
- Design – Angelynn Grant
- Drums – Kevin Dugas
- Electric Bass – Kyle Hébert
- Electric Guitar – Roddie Romero
- Fiddle, Tenor Saxophone – David Greely
- Liner Notes – Dirk Powell
- Liner Notes [Transcriptions, Translations And Editing] – Barry Ancelet, David Greely
- Mastered By – Toby Mountain
- Other [Ears And Ideas] – Linda Handelsman
- Photography By [Band Photo] – Melissa A. Hardy
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – A.J. Tarver
- Photography By [Inset Photo Of Dancers] – Russell Lee
- Producer – C.C. Adcock
- Recorded By [Additional Recording By] – David Rachou
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Erik Flettrich
- Typography [Cover] – David Coulson
Recorded and mixed at American Sector's Egyptian Room, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Additional recording at La Louisiane Studio, Lafayette, Louisiana.
Mastered at Northeastern Digital, Southborough, Massachusetts.
Front cover photo: Moreauville, LA, 1927.
Inset photo of dancers: Raceland, LA, 1937.
This album is dedicated to Jimmy Domengeaux.
"Gros Jean" is a poem in creole French written by a slave named Pierre in early 1860s in St. Martinville LA.
Tracks 1, 8 and 9 are instrumental.
1. La Lou Music, BMI
2. Whitewing Music, BMI
3. Roundpeg Music, ASCAP-Give & Go Music, BMI
4. JSRII Music-Happy Valley Music, BMI
5. Give & Go Music, BMI
6. JSRII Music-Happy Valley Music-Give & Go Music, BMI
7. Give & Go Music, BMI
8. Happy Valley Music, BMI
9. Give & Go Music, BMI
10. JSRII Music-Happy Valley Music-Give & Go Music, BMI
11. Marsh Island Music-Give & Go Music, BMI
℗ © 2011 Rounder Records Corp.
(CD) Manufactured in USA.
- Barcode: 011661609822
- Label Code: LC 3719
- Matrix / Runout: ROCD 6098 01 IFPI L793 IFPI204D 001220 DISCTRONICS MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Recorded At – American Sector Studios
- Recorded At – La Louisianne Recording Studios
- Mixed At – American Sector Studios
- Mastered At – Northeastern Digital
- Published By – La Lou Music
- Published By – Whitewing Music
- Published By – Roundpeg Music
- Published By – Give And Go Music
- Published By – JSRII Music
- Published By – Happy Valley Music
- Published By – Marsh Island Music
Short introSteve Riley and the Mamou Playboys are a Cajun band from southern Louisiana. The band formed in 1988 and has since recorded 10 albums, nine of which are on Rounder Records. The band includes Steve Riley accordion, David Greely fiddle, Sam Broussard guitar, Brazos Huval fiddlesaxophonebass and Kevin Dugas drums and formerly Jimmy Domengeaux guitar before his death in 1999. Kevin Wimmer fiddle joined the band in 2011. Best Of Steve Riley And The Mamou Playboys. Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys. Bon Rêve. Bayou Ruler. Live Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys. 1994 Live, 1993. Trace Of Time. Tit Galop Pour Mamou. Steve Riley And The Mamou Playboys. 30 Years Live Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys. 2019 Live. Party at the Holiday, All Night Long Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys. Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей Steve Riley And The Mamou Playboys. Creole Stomp Happytown. Big Boy Waltz. Happytown CD, Advance, Album. Rounder Records. ROUNDER 11661-6098-2A. Grand Isle - Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. 2020 Rhapsody International Inc. Rhapsody International Inc. Get app. Have the app. Music Apps & Devices Pricing. Album Moods. Celebratory Earthy Joyous Rollicking. Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys, Steve Riley. The first two tracks, the instrumental Creole Stomp and Big Boy Waltz, which is sung in French by Riley, prove they can play rollicking, old-style Cajun music that would set the feet of the staunchest traditional tapping. But by the third track, the spooky, slide-guitar-drenched murder ballad Gros JeanBig John, Riley and his companions are off on an. Listen free to Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys Happytown Creole Stomp , Big Boy Waltz and more. 11 tracks 37:57. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue 2001 11 Songs
Related to Steve Riley And The Mamou Playboys - Happytown
Laura Smith - B'tween The Earth And My Soul
The Bewley Brothers - Songs From The Cypress Tree
Linda Ronstadt - Linda Ronstadt
Nora Jane Struthers - Nora Jane Struthers
Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - Lonely Street
Michael Cleveland And Flamekeeper - On Down The Line
Clear Light Productions - Because I Am
Gerry Rafferty - North & South
Luis Russell - Luis Russell, 1929-1930
Ralph Stanley And The Clinch Mountain Boys - Cry From The Cross