|2||Near The End||5:43|
|3||Until We Sleep||5:58|
|5||You Know I'm Right||5:04|
|6||All Lovers Are Deranged||3:14|
|8||Out Of The Blue||3:36|
|9||Love On The Air||4:18|
|10||Let's Get Metaphysical||4:09|
|SHSP 24-0079-1, SHSP 24-0079-1(I), SHSP 2400791||David Gilmour||About Face (LP, Album)||Harvest, Harvest, Harvest||SHSP 24-0079-1, SHSP 24-0079-1(I), SHSP 2400791||UK||1984|
|WCK-39296, VCK 39296, CK-39296||David Gilmour||About Face (CD, Album)||Columbia, Columbia, Columbia||WCK-39296, VCK 39296, CK-39296||Canada||Unknown|
|SHSP 2400791||David Gilmour||About Face (LP, Album)||Harvest||SHSP 2400791||Ireland||1984|
|64 2400794||David Gilmour||About Face (Cass, Album)||Harvest, EMI||64 2400794||Italy||1984|
|CK-39296||David Gilmour||About Face (CD, Album)||Columbia||CK-39296||Canada||1984|
- Arranged By [Orchestra] – Bob Ezrin, Michael Kamen
- Bass – Pino Palladino
- Design – STd
- Drums, Percussion – Jeff Porcaro
- Guitar, Vocals – David Gilmour
- Horns [The Kick Horns] – Barbara Snow, Roddy Lorimer, Simon Clerk, Tim Sanders
- Mastered By – Doug Sax, Mike Reese
- Mixed By – James Guthrie
- Mixed By [Assistants] – Bob Parr, Ollie Fitzjones, Robert "Ringo" Hrycyna
- Orchestra – The National Philharmonic Orchestra
- Percussion – Louis Jardine, Ray Cooper
- Photography By – Davies/Starr, Jill Furmanovsky
- Piano, Organ – Ian Kewley, Steve Winwood
- Programmed By [Fairlight] – Steve Rance
- Recorded By – Andrew Jackson, Kit Woolven
- Recorded By [Assistants] – Kevin Whyte, Mark Frank, Robert "Ringo" Hrycyna, Simon Sullivan
- Recorded By [Orchestra] – Eric Tomlinson
- Synthesizer – Anne Dudley, Jon Lord
- Technician [Equipment] – Phil Taylor
- Vocals – Mickey Feat, Roy Harper, Sam Brown, Vicki Brown
- Written-By – D. Gilmour, P. Townshend (tracks: A3, B1)
Notes℗ © 1984 CBS Inc.
all songs © 1984 Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd.
Carrollton Pressing variant from this U.S. copy by same Category.
Recorded at Pathe-Marconi Studios, Paris
Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios
Track B1 Published by Towser Tunes, Inc.;
all other selections Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Label): AL 39296
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Label): BL 39296
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch exc ᴛᴍʟ-ᴍ, º stamps, var. 1): PAL 39296 2F TML-M A3 G 1 º
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch exc ᴛᴍʟ-s, º stamps, var. 1): PBL 39296 2G TML-S B3 º G 1
- Matrix / Runout (A side Variant 2): PAL 39296 2G TML-S A9 G 1 o
- Matrix / Runout (B side Variant 2): PBL 39296 2E TML-X A5 G 1 o
- Matrix / Runout (A side Variant 3): PAL 39296 2E TML-X A8 o G 2
- Matrix / Runout (B side Variant 3): PBL 39296 2G TML-S D7 º G 1
- Matrix / Runout (A side Variant 4): PAL 39296 2E TML-X A7 o G 2
- Matrix / Runout (B side Variant 4): PBL 39296 2E TML-X A4 G 1 o
- Rights Society: BMI
- Barcode (Print): 07464-39296-1
- Barcode (Scan; Format: UPC_A): 074643929615
- Recorded At – Pathé-Marconi Studios
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mixed At – Mayfair Studios
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Mastered At – Customatrix
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Published By – Towser Tunes, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
Short introAbout Face is the second solo studio album by the English musician David Gilmour. It was released in March 1984 by Harvest in the UK and Columbia in the United States. Co-produced by Bob Ezrin and Gilmour, the album was recorded in 1983 at Pathé Marconi Studio, in Boulogne-Billancourt, France. The lyrics of two tracks, All Lovers Are Deranged and Love on the Air, were written by Pete Townshend of the Who. About Face - David Gilmour. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. About Face. 2006 Digital Remaster. Исполнитель: David Gilmour. 1984 rock. Produced by Bob Ezrin & David Gilmour. All songs written by David Gilmour except Love On The Air and All Lovers Are Deranged by David Gilmour and Pete Townshend. David Gilmour Guitar, vocals. Jeff Porcaro Drums, percussion. Pino Palladino Bass guitar. Listen free to David Gilmour About Face Until We Sleep - 2006 Remastered Version, Murder - 2006 Remastered Version and more. 10 tracks 45:47. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the Face is the second solo studio album by the English guitarist-singer-songwriter David Gilmour. It was originally released in March 1984, on the label Harvest in the UK, and Columbia in the US. Co-produced by Bob Ezrin and Gilmour, the album was recorded in 1983, in sessions that took place at Pathé Marconi Studio, in Boulogne-Billancourt, France. Two tracks, All Lovers Are Deranged and the more radio-friendly Love on the Air , were co-written by Gilmour and his long-time friend Pete Townshend, the main songwriter for The Who Gilmour composed the music and Townshend wrote the lyrics. David Gilmour - About Face 1984. To favorites 28 Download album. Listen album. Progressive Rock. David Gilmour. David Gilmour released his second solo venture in 1984, following the apparent dissolution of Pink Floyd. He had released a record on his own in 1978, but About Face is much more accessible. Gilmour has a stellar band backing him, including Jeff Porcaro drums, Pino Palladino bass, and Anne Dudley synthesizer. The songs on About Face show a pop sensibility that Pink Floyd rarely was concerned with achieving. Although the album didn't attract the attention of a Floyd release, several cuts did manage to get airplay. David Gilmour - About Face review: David Gilmour steps out from the shadow of the Floyd. Album Rating: 3. Thus, I go back to contributing albums for which a review is not already available on Sputnik. This review may also be found on my personal blog at the address . Album 1984 10 Songs. Rock 1984. Gilmour has never been the speediest fellow when it comes to maintaining his solo career. But in 1984, with his main gig in Pink Floyd at a dead end, he was finally out of excuses not to follow up his self-titled 1978 debut. Looking back on About Face during a 2003 interview with Record Collector , Gilmour summed up the album and the rest of his solo output with typical understatement. We knew Roger wasn't going to be part of anything we did, but before he'd officially left, he had us trapped in limbo. I was putting my toe in the water, Gilmour shrugged. Then he left and I was unencumbered and carried on doing Pink Floyd
Related to David Gilmour - About Face
David Gilmour - London, 1984
Pink Floyd - Whatever Happened To Pink Floyd? The Strange Case Of Water And Gilmour
David Gilmour - The Island Tapes
Various - David Gilmour With Ben Watt - Islington Assembly Hall, London, May 19th 2014
David & Jonathan - Lovers Of The World Unite / Michelle
David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock
Pete Townshend - Face The Face (Long Version)
David Gilmour - Facing The Love In Bethlehem
David Gilmour - David Gilmour
Pink Floyd - A Collection Of Great Dance Songs